Welcome to the hardest working page on a website … the ‘About’ page!
‘About’ pages rank extremely high for page visits. A visitor who has had a good first impression on a site and wants to learn more heads to the ‘About’ page. I bet you do the same thing and if you hit that page and are disappointed, you leave.
‘About’ pages are VERY HARD for people to write. So, I write them.
And I write (or edit) blogs, articles, social media posts, page profiles, bio’s, webpages, e-newsletters, business plans, marketing materials, holiday greetings, resumes, name tags – okay maybe not name tags but that would be an easy gig.
Small business owners are my clients. They work hard selling their products or delivering their services but writing either isn’t their thing or they are time crunched. Tasked to write their LinkedIn bio or a thank you letter and they start to sweat. Their FB updates are ‘spray and pray’ – a mish mash of posts without a strategy. Sports groups and community organizations are my clients as well.
I create a plan that develops the business story and outlines the parameters for telling it. That ‘connecting the dots’, aka branding, is critically important for business success.
Clients receive ‘more than words’ because I bring the added value of marketing advice and business building tips. As a marketing and business consultant, I’ve worked hands on with way (way) more than a thousand (!!) start ups since 2002 when I began instructing small business start up and marketing programs.
I was published many times in children’s collections before I was 10 so I was hooked young. I studied Creative Advertising at Centennial College, graduated with High Honours from Seneca College’s School of Communication Arts and graduated from George Brown College in Creative Writing. And to this day, its a rare time when I’m not taking a writing, scriptwriting or social media course. I wrote weekly humour and business columns for years and have been published locally, regionally, internationally and, of course, online.
Every day of my professional life has revolved around writing in some capacity – business plans, marketing plans, advertising materials, scripts, articles, social media, slogans, course content, workbooks, product descriptions, business documents like quotes, proposals, sales letters etc., etc.
How can I help?
- Does your sales growth rely on building relationships and referrals?
- Do you struggle to write well?
- Should social media be a part of your marketing efforts but you aren’t sure how it all works?
- If you are using social media, do you struggle to find time to write posts consistently?
- Would reviewing and editing your writing be of value?
- Is English not your first language?
- Would you like to have your own blog, e-newsletter or weekly article written by a ghost writer?
- Would you benefit from a template file full of customizable writing – thank you letters, Christmas greetings, sales letters, email blasts, e-news, marketing materials, profiles and bios, an executive summary, product descriptions etc.?
- If you write your own social media posts, would you benefit from an extensive list of topics / categories you can reference when you need content ideas?
- If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, you are in the right place. My background in marketing and experience writing lets me easily become your creative department. We will talk about your vision, goals, your brand (or establishing your brand) and style. I’m the middle man delivering your message.